What visa options are available for working at a start-up company?

There are several employment-based visas available under the current immigration laws.  Generally, an employer must sponsor the employee for such a visa. Each visa has specific requirements depending on the nature of the employment.  The options may also depend on the when you want to start working.  The most popular work visa, for example, an H1b visa is only available from October 1st of each year (more information to follow on this visa in a different post). Other visas that might be suitable are O, L, E, or TN visas. It is best to consult an immigration attorney to understand the various options available and the best option for you. 

Speak Your Mind

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.