Our workshop equity compensation basics was on February 11, 2013 at Eastside Incubator in Redmond, our regular venue. We had a full house with 40 people in attendance. The following topics were discussed:
- What is the difference between founder restricted stock and employee stock options?
- Why is it so important to issue founder restricted stock as early as possible?
- How much company stock should be reserved for stock options?
- Why do companies that give equity compensation need to understand IRS Rule 409A?
- Can LLCs grant stock options?